Wednesday 29 July 2009

Some of my lovely cat friends....... Enrico

All the cats I look after are complete individuals, all so different to each other. It's what makes my job so much fun and so enjoyable. I'm going to tell you about some of them - I'm changing names, but you might recognise your own pets from these descriptions.

Enrico is a big black bear of a cuddly cat. He's fairly new to me and I've looked after him a couple of times recently now. When I first went to meet him and his humans he was incredibly shy, hiding in the corner of the kitchen by the fridge. They told me that he was always like that and really expected that on my visits I might not see him at all. I might just have to put food down, sort out his litter, go and then return the next day to see that the food had been eaten - the only way I might know he was there at all!!

Well, the first couple of days that was pretty much what happened. I'd been shown where one of his hiding places was, and sure enough there he was, but very unwilling to come out. Knowing that you don't crowd or rush cats, I left him to it, but was rather sad for him, as he was getting no human company at all while his people were away.

On the third visit, I tried to tempt him out with one of his dangly toys. To my surprise he responded, and came out from his hiding place to follow it. I sat down on the sofa, teasing him with the toy, and he played happily with it on the carpet, but kept a bit of a distance from me.

The fourth visit was a complete surprise. I've no idea what had been going through his head, but he'd obviously decided that I was ok, and immediately jumped on to my lap. From that point he became the soppiest cat I've worked with, and I've known a few!! He stands on my lap, puts his hands on my shoulders and nuzzles into my neck, shoulder and hair. He runs his fingers through my hair and licks my face!! I decided at first that he was a cat that thought he was a dog, but a couple of visits later changed my mind. He's a big cat, with a big round bear-like face, and with the way he hugs me, I've decided he's a bear.

We're completely in love with each other. Gorgeous Enrico. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment