Thursday 28 June 2012

After they've gone......


These wonderful words were posted by a friend on Facebook.  So much gets posted on Facebook and much of I think "yes I like that", or "I'll share that".  But nothing has affected me as much as these words.

A friend of mine lost her wonderful cat Sky 6 months ago - I went and held her and helped support her with Reiki while she slipped away.  My friend is still grieving terribly for her loss, but can't bear the thought of another animal friend to come and live with her, as she knows that one day she'll have to say goodbye again. 

I was like that for a long time, so can totally understand.  I had lots of cats over the years who would come and see me, and helped persuade me I was ready to let a new cat into my life.  And then Bella found me.   I love her so much, and Dylan too, who we welcomed to our home a couple of years ago.  Both so different to each other, and different to every other cat.

That's the thing.  One cat (or dog, rabbit, chicken, guinea pig - or any animal) doesn't replace the one that's gone.  They are their own wonderful, magical being.  So the adventure can start again, the falling in love, and being so full of gratitude that they're in your life. 

I've shared these words on Facebook too, and they seem to have struck a chord with so many others .  And some of them have said that yes, that was them, but another cat or dog found their way into their life when they weren't expecting it, and they've been forever grateful. 

When you've loved an animal you have so much more love to give - and so many animals needing love and care.  It seems wrong to deprive them - and you.  ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment