Monday 25 February 2013

My Reiki Volunteering - Update

I've been volunteering at Peggy Henderson's animal sanctuary in Sale (Society for Abandoned Animals) for a year now, and what a wonderful year it's been.  So many of the animals in their care have been helped by the Reiki that Lorraine and I have brought to them, and we've loved it too.  I've made so many wonderful new friends, both human and animal, and have been made to feel so at home there.  It's a wonderful place.

A little while ago my friend Janet also joined us, which took the team up to 3, meaning that more animals can have more Reiki more often.  Janet and I have been good friends for a few years now, brought together by Reiki, sharing the same Reiki Master.  Janet used to provide Reiki treatments just to people, together with Reflexology, Hopi Ear Candling, and also runs yoga classes.  One day a horse showed her that she might also want to extend her healing to animals - as she was telling me about this, I asked her if she wanted to join me and Lorraine as a Reiki volunteer at Peggy Henderson's.  She came the next week, and has been a part of our team ever since. 

I'd known Laksmi for some time, ever since she had contacted me while I was at Animals in Distress, saying she also wanted to volunteer Reiki for animals.  However, a full time job meant that it wasn't  ideal for her - weekends at animal sanctuaries are usually a little too busy to be sitting quietly with the animals.  But changes to her working arrangements have meant that she now had Fridays available, so she's joined in with us, and we now have a team of 4!!

Many of the people at the sanctuary are interested (although it's fair to say that some aren't!!) in what we're doing.  And many have had Reiki themselves, so can appreciate how the animals will benefit too.  And, a couple of new volunteers have already shown an interest in becoming attuned to Reiki themselves.  And Tasha the manager too. I can see that Janet might have her time busy in teaching and attuning new people, and we will have an even bigger team of Reiki therapists to help the animals.  Wonderful!!

So, in just a year, from Tasha the manager's tentative email to me to see if I might be interested, how things have grown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment