Tuesday 25 January 2011

Amazing Felix!

This time last year was very sad. I'd been looking after 16 year old brothers, Oscar and Felix for a couple of years, and I turned up one day to find that Oscar had passed away. It wasn't a bad age, and he'd had a lovely life, but all the same, it's very upsetting. It was fortunate that that day I was fairly quiet, so was able to re-organise things, and stayed with Felix all day until his mum was able to get back from where she was working in London.

Poor Felix was very clingy, didn't understand what had happened, and was very distressed. He soaked up all the Reiki from my hands and heart and we used Bach Flowers to help him too.

The next few days, his mum worked from home and the two of them just spent all their time almost stuck to each other - they both needed healing from the other one. One day Kath had to go back to work in London, so I resumed coming to take care of Felix. We made changes to his schedule - as he was on his own, I'd stay for long visits, which we both got to love.

While Oscar had been around they'd both been quiet cats, and used to spend a lot of time together, even grooming each other after 16 years! They'd often both try to squeeze onto my lap at the same time (and they're not small cats!), but really they were just happy with each other's company.

But we started to notice changes in Felix after the first couple of months. And this has gone on and on, and a year later, it's like he's a different cat. He now has lots of toys that he runs around after like a kitten, and is very talkative and interactive. Some days he's a little quieter, but others he's very lively. Out of the two brothers he was always the most extrovert, but not very - whereas now he's extremely outgoing and friendly.

It's almost like he's come out of his shell, or Oscar's shadow. I'm sure he missed his brother at first, and I did worry for a while how he'd cope. But I really didn't need to. And now at the grand old age of 17, he's doing brilliantly!! Love you Felix!!

PS - I do have pictures somewhere! When I find one I'll add it to the top of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment