Friday 9 October 2009

You're my favourites!

It's amazing that to people who don't really know cats, they all seem the same. Of course, when you have cats, know lots of cats, or work with them the reality is that they're all very different. For me, that's one of the wonders of cats. They are such interesting and fascinating animals, all with extremely different characters.

Whenever I'm with any of the cats I look after, at the time I'm with them, they're my favourites. T
hen I get up, drive to the next house, and they're my favourites too! And so my day goes on........

Olly and Frank are brothers and are very gentle boys. They are extremely affectionate to each other, and to me, and when I'm there they like nothing better than to be sitting on my lap or snuggled in right beside me. Being continually stroked, of course! They're definitely my favourites.

Then there's Rex and Sammy, two more brothers, this time ginger boys. They have a cat flap, so go in and out as they wish, but when I get there, no matter what time it is, Sammy is usually sitting outside waiting for me - as long as it's not pouring with rain; otherwise, he's sleeping on the back of the armchair in the front window and sees me coming through the gate. The minute I'm there he races me to the kitchen, jumps on the table and nuzzles into my hand and face. Then starts shouting at me for food! Once he's got his food, he tends to be less bothered about getting a fuss from me.

Rex takes a little longer - he's either asleep upstairs, or wandering further around the neighbours' gardens. He's less bothered about his food, and usually waits for Sammy to stop eating before he sees what's left for him. His face is often covered in scratches, and he's known locally for being a bit of a bruiser, fighting with other cats. But he's so gentle and loving with me, and while I'm there, once he's found me, he doesn't leave me. If it's a nice, warm sunny day, I'll sit in the garden with them while they sunbathe on their backs in the middle of the lawn.

When it's time to leave, as long as it's not raining, Sammy usually comes to see me off. With a look that says "I can't believe you're leaving me!"....... They're definitely my favourites.

More favourites on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment