Tuesday 8 December 2009

Great - Fresh Litter!!




I've just come back from seeing one of my favourite cats (well, you know, they all are really) - Archie. I wrote about him back in July - one of the amazing cats I know with only 3 legs. Still racing around the flat, chasing after treats - brilliant eyesight! - and even took a running jump onto the sofa, then to the armchair, and finally up to the window sill where I was looking out for a moment!

Well, this time I needed to change his litter, and as I was doing this he was standing by, supervising operations. Just in case I got it wrong, obviously. The minute I'd refreshed it, and it was all brand new again, what do you know - straight in it to christen it!!

And that reminded me how many cats I look after do that. No sooner is it all nice and clean and fresh again, then it's all soiled. I won't go into too many details, after all, you might be eating your lunch right now.... But luckily this time it was just wet, and not very much, so I left it. But there are times when I've got to start all over again!!

And other times when, just as I've emptied it, the cats decide to use the tray before it's refilled - especially a naughty little girl (no names though, don't want to embarass her), who managed to spray all up the bathroom wall as the lid wasn't on!

It's clearly a marking territory sort of thing, this. I'm sure they've not been standing with crossed legs for hours, waiting for me to come and change their litter. But it happens more than it doesn't, and makes me chuckle. Love them all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment