Sunday 3 October 2010

The Healing Cats


To those of us who share our lives with cats, they are amazing magical creatures. We know they have the ability to intuit when we need comfort, and they love to sit with us to bring peace and stillness. It is in this peace and stillness that healing takes place............

I've said it before (and likely will again from time to time), but I really have learnt so much from the cats I spend my time with, and my own special angel cat, Bella. But the most wonderful thing I have learnt is how they all have this ability to heal, all in their own ways, if we let them.

Some cats, though, are more special than most. And I've just spent an hour or so with two of them.

It must be nearly a year ago that I started to take care of Nina and Simone when their family went away, and I've been back a few times since. It probably wasn't until this week though that I truly realised what they were doing. They talk a bit, but mostly show me what they want by gentle leading. And what's been happening is..........

I arrive and we all sit down for a bit of a fuss. Lots of purring and chirping takes place (them, not me, I just tell them how lovely they are), then I do the washing up and put fresh food out. While they're eating I go off to sort out the litter, and by the time I've done it, they're hanging round the bedroom door, and lead me in.

It's now become obvious to me that I would do this consciously at first, and sit down on the floor with them while the Reiki flowed - me leading them. But now I'm just following them, and while I sit there with my hands open, they sit on the floor beside me, one either side of my outstretched legs. The clever thing is that while I send Reiki to them, they are reflecting it back to me and each other. So the three of us have a little energy circle, without touching, but all feeling the energy move between us, building and nourishing more and more and more. Every now and again I take a peek, and they're sitting quite still with their eyes closed, relaxed and meditative, but alert at the same time. Very conscious of what's going on.

Simone is the leader in this, she's the very wise one, an old, old soul, who's been helping other creatures for many thousands of years. Nina is getting there, helped by Simone, but her own spiritual development is very young in comparison.

I love my visits with these very special animals, and come away feeling refreshed, uplifted, serene and in love with everything. Thank you so much Nina and Simone. xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, what a lovely story, and how comforting it must be for Nina and Simone's humans, and others in your care, to know that you have this extra and special connection with their kitties while they are away. I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete