Friday 20 November 2009

My Dream


I have a dream. We all need dreams, something big to aim for, that make our lives so much richer. As you'd probably imagine, mine is to do with animals.

I was reading about the new RSPCA Centre that's just opened in Sheffield, and it looks fantastic! Lots of bright, warm, sparkling, cosy cubicles for the cats, and lovely for all the carers too. The RSPCA are well known, and although fund-raising is a never ending activity they depend on, I'm sure that they do better than some of the smaller independent sanctuaries.

Animals in Distress isn't the smartest place, and they desperately need bigger, newer, fresher facilities for all the animals they take care of. In particular, it would be great to have a purpose-built facility for all those animals that take longer to find new homes. Somewhere they can get out and about, and roam a little, see the birds, smell the air, bask in the sun, climb, run and jump (can you tell I know how it feels to be a cat?).

This is my dream. I'm still waiting for my premium bonds to come up, or my lotto win - so Universe, are you listening? I don't need a lot for myself, but I've got some great ideas for a fantastic sanctuary. I spend idle hours lost in creating fabulous designs, so much that it all feels so real. That's the downside to dreams though, isn't it? You wake up and find that it's not happened - yet. I am an ever positive person, and firmly believe that my dream will come true one day.

The other folk at Animals in Distress have similar dreams too - understandably. From time to time we all sit there and share our ideas and hopes........

Animals in Distress work extremely hard raising funds - but these really only go towards keeping things going (and only just, at that). A lovely group of people from BUPA volunteered last year and came along with paint brushes and paint, and brightened it up - which was just so lovely. But they do depend so much on the kindness and generosity of some wonderful people.

They need so much more. And while it's lovely to see the bright, shiny new centre for the RSPCA, and be really happy for all the cats and other animals who'll be looked after there, I really feel for Animals in Distress.

It will happen..... one day!
Picture: from Feline Advisory Bureau website. www.fabcats.org

No comments:

Post a Comment