Saturday 17 October 2009

Kora is so unlucky!


I wrote a couple of weeks ago about how thrilled I was that Kora had at last found a lovely new home - Sticky Cats - Kora's Story - but when I paid a visit to Animals in Distress earlier this week, was so sad to see that she was back.

I feared the worst - that after all she'd been difficult and bitey and her new carer just couldn't deal with her. However, I soon learnt that she'd been good as gold and they'd continued to get on really well. But she'd gone to live with an elderly lady who suddenly became ill and had to be taken into hospital - and of course Kora needed somewhere to go. So back to Animals in Distress it was. Better there than anywhere else really, as it was somewhere very familiar to her.

So I spent a good deal of time with her, just sitting, and telling her what had happened and why. We also played with her favourite ball on a string, which she loves to bat about. She seemed to be in surprisingly good spirits, which I was so pleased about. She still likes to bat your hand away if you stroke her just that little bit too much, but it's part of who she is.

The good news (I think) is that it should be easier to find her a new home again - after all, there's now great evidence that she settled in well into a new home, and got on well with her new carer. Clearly the staff will still need to let prospective adopters know that she did have a reputation for biting at one point, but her more recent history is much better.

I'll keep you all updated on her progress - and of course if anyone knows of someone who'd like to adopt a lovely cat, then just contact Animals in Distress on 0161 775 2221, or pop down to Silver Street in Irlam any day between 10-4, and ask to be introduced to Kora. She's the beautiful black and white girl who's lost loads of weight!!

Also, although I never knew her most recent carer, I wish her all the very best and hope that she makes a good recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment