Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New (and freezing!) Year!!!

I was out before dawn this morning, as Terry needed his insulin injection, and then on to Jenny for her breakfast. The car said minus 5, and it certainly felt like it.

As I drove off I could see the sky starting to grow light at one edge, and the full moon still up on the other side. At Terry's I sat and watched as the sun rose on the first day of this new year, and it all felt very magical. I'd not sat up to see in the New Year (actually hardly ever do) as I had to get up at 6am, but somehow seeing the sun of the New Year rise, while the full moon was still up was very special.

It's now about half one as I write and the day has only warmed as far as minus 1. I've just come back from seeing two cats in Chorlton, and then back to Sally for her lunch cuddles. The two ginger boys in Chorlton are lovely and I look after them fairly frequently. But this is the third Christmas, and each time I know the house is going to be freezing!!! I had piled on the fleeces until I could hardly move, but this made little difference.

Most of the houses I go to are kept warm while the people are away, but there are one or two where the heating is turned off. Although I love looking after the cats, I have to say that I find it difficult to stay the required 30 minutes!!! (although I always do.) I realise that they have fur coats, and also that they don't feel the cold in the same way as we do, but I know many other people who insist the heating is left on so that their cats don't get cold and depressed.

At least when I got to Jenny's house it was very warm - and she was snuggled up by the radiator on the landing where she basked in the Reiki I was sending to her.

Back home now, but I know when I go out again later, when it's dark and well below freezing again, that both Terry's and Sally's houses will be warm.

Happy 2010 everyone!! Blessings to you all, and good wishes that it brings you all you wish for yourself. xx

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jean!! I'll post this here, then you can move it to where you think best later!

    Thank you again so very much for looking after Dill and Ted for us, we had a great weekend and could fully relax knowing you were there for them! Dill again was a bit put out when she saw us coming through the door and not you!!

    See you in 2010, wishing you and Bella all the very best, huge hugs and lots of love for the New Year!!

    Chaz, Andy, Dill, Ted....and the fish!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chaz, and the very best to all of you too!! xx

    ReplyDelete