Tuesday 30 March 2010

Would you like to talk to your animals?


Most of the readers of this blog know that I talk to animals - that is to say, we communicate intuitively. I didn't know I could do it until I picked up a couple of really strong messages from cats within a short time of each other - and I knew that they were communicating with me. It wasn't me making it up in my mind, the messages came from somewhere else, and I received them through emotions and feelings, that were then translated into words that I could understand.

I always was very intuitive when I was younger, but this seemed to have disappeared, or be buried under a ton of rational thought developed through a lifetime in the corporate world. Becoming attuned to, and practising Reiki brought this back - and how! I wrote about this awakening in a blog post in August last year - it's called Introducing Mrs Dolittle.

After I realised what was happening I signed up for an amazing workshop with James French - Animal Communication Training - to learn how to do it properly. Well, I was anyway, but I didn't know - and it helped to learn a useful process to follow. It was great to see that everyone else on the course was able to do this too. Many of the people on the course worked in some way with animals - either paid or voluntary - and felt that this would help them to get closer to their animals. Others were those who had animals living with them (as many of us do), and were just interested in knowing how to do their best for their loved companions.

It's something we all have the ability to do, if we can learn to still our minds, and trust the more subtle feelings we get. Going back a long way, before we had language, the human race used to communicate in a variety of ways, including intuitively. We still do that, but because we're used to speaking, reading, and communicating in louder, stronger ways, we've forgotten we still have this amazing skill.

I now use this ability every day, and it means that I can better help all the animals I take care of - including those I visit at Animals in Distress.

Since then I've read extensively. Some wonderful books have been written by others very experienced in communicating with animals, and I've learnt that they often have messages for us, the human race - if only we care to listen. Our animals are very wise, in different ways to each other, but all have something important to say to us. We really should listen to them.

One of the books I read was called "The Language of Miracles" by Amelia Kinkade. I thoroughly recommend it - it will open your eyes, mind and heart. Also, "Animal Voices" by Dawn Baumann Bruncke, which gives a different aspect of communicating with animals.

I recently met a lovely person by the name of Julie Lines who also communicates with animals. I was thrilled to discover that she learnt with Amelia Kinkade, and also that she runs her own animal communication workshops. She's coming up to Manchester in May, and has asked if I'd like to co-facilitate with her - how wonderful!!

So, if anyone has a weekend to spare on May 22/23, and would love to learn how to be better in touch with their animals, we'd love to have you along. Have a look at Julie's website for more information/to book: Voice of the Animals.

Or get in touch with me and I'll arrange to book you on. Anything you'd like to know, delighted to help - and I'd love to see you all there in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment