Monday 7 June 2010

Oh for a nice cup of tea......


A few weeks ago I went to meet Natalie, a new customer, and her cat Louis (he does look very regal, so very well named!). We had a lovely chat over a cup of green tea - peppermint is my favourite, but she didn't have any in, so green it was.


Anyway, a few weeks later, I went along to take care of Louis while she and her family were away for a long weekend. She was very sweet and had bought a pack of peppermint tea for me, and left it in the kitchen along with a cup, with a note to help myself.

So many of my customers are very kind and leave out the tea and coffee for me. But the reality is that I rarely get time to drink anything, other than a slurp from the bottle of water I always carry around with me (it's thirsty work!).

The thing is, if I'm there for half an hour, if you take away the time spent washing up the cat bowls, putting out more food, and checking or changing the litter, it only leaves a few minutes to be with the cats. And to be honest that's what I'd rather do - that's what I'm there for, and that's why I do what I do. I've thought before about popping the kettle on, and making a cup of something hot, but with a cat on my lap, or wanting playing with, a very hot mug in the other hand isn't very safe. And then up I jump to go to see the next cat - and it's probably still too hot to drink.

So, for all you people imagining me spending the day sitting down drinking tea and coffee, you'd be wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment