Monday 14 June 2010

The Trust Technique with James French


I've written before about how I first realised I could communicate with animals, how I went on to learn more about it, and how it's now an essential part of how I care for all the animals I go to see.

I'm returning to this theme as I wanted to share a wonderful video with you. I have studied animal communication and behaviour with the amazing James French and his partner Shelley. At one of our learning sessions he introduced what he calls "The Trust Technique" to the group.

Although it was a very, very cold November afternoon, we all went and stood in the stables with a couple of horses who had both experienced very traumatic pasts, and their behaviour showed this. They were very aggressive (and in a big animal that's also very dangerous to anyone nearby), and clearly extremely scared. I was so moved by what happened that I didn't feel the cold any more, just wanted to stay with the horses.

We had all learnt before how to still our minds, to be in the moment, in order to be able to communicate with animals, and this took it one stage further. By being quiet and still with an animal, finding that place of gentleness and love inside, and being totally in the present moment, it is possible to help the start of the healing process for the animal. It's easier if you watch what happens, so please have a look at this amazing video that James has posted. The link is at the end of this blog post.

I found it so powerful, and also so obviously simple (and through Reiki and intuitive communication, this was what I was doing anyway, but not necessarily so aware), I consciously brought this technique to the animals I work with at Animals in Distress. Healing takes time. It's not immediate. Many of the animals I work with have learnt to be very scared, especially of human beings. But in time, and sometimes in very tiny steps, this has helped them to start their healing, and learn to trust people. Once they've been able to do that, then the people who care for them are able to help them to heal even further.

Enjoy the video, and please post any comments, thoughts or questions you may have.

Click here for the link to James' blog, which contains the video.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean
    I have just been on the Trust Technique course too and found it so amazing. Something so simple yet so useful to animals makes you wonder why we don't all do it with our pets. I think he is offering a full day's access to the complete video tutorials right now so if anyone wants to get a feel for it they can, although going on the weekend course was so useful I would recommend that. Nice to 'meet' you, I'm down in Worcester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason, for taking the time to let me know about your experience too. Goodness, can't believe that was 5 years ago now. I'd love to experience that again with James and Shelley. He doesn't often head up this way, and I'm busy with animals 7 days a week, I don't get to get anywhere!
    Yes, I have the link to the tutorials he sent through too.
    Love to meet you too. Love and blessings. xxx

    ReplyDelete